Origami Workshop: ”Kusudama” – Japanese Flower Ball
Join Alice to make a traditional and beautiful origami Kusudama flower ball.
We will be intricately folding 60 pieces of origami paper to make this beautiful piece, composed of 12 flowers. Learn its history and how it can be used as a decoration in a modern setting. Materials included in the price.
A perfect introduction to origami. All welcome and great family activity!
Date: 5th December 2020, Saturday
Time: 14:00-16:00 (2 hours lesson)
Instructor's profile: Alice Stern
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
Ticket Price: £27 – including materials and first-class shipping within the UK
Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 29th November 2020, Sunday.
Precautions: Suitable for all ages.
(under 8 years old may need adult supervision)
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form.
**If you don't receive any information one day before the class, please send an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
* image of work you will make at the workshop
< Workshop plan >
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
1. Meet and Greet. Introduction to origami types.
2. Introduction to the Japanese Kusudama flowerball. Its history and making the first flower.
3. Making a beautiful flowerball, 12 flowers in total each made from 5 petals. Detailed instructions to be given.
5. Completing the flowerball and decorating them beautifully. Tips on presentation.
6. Q&A and more information about how you can make Kusudama flowers for many different seasons and decorative purposes.
There will be a 10-minute break during our class*
< Material Pack included in the ticket>
* image of the material pack
< Equipment needed for the class >
・Scissors – please prepare in advance
* image of Kusudama Flower arrangement for various occasional use