Geometric Rose Greeting Card and Hydrangea Making Workshop with Alice Stern
Join Alice for late spring origami flower and leaf making. The rose is a beautiful symbol in both the UK and Japanese cultures and comes into bloom during the late spring and early summer. We will be making geometric rose and leaf greeting cards to celebrate this. The hydrangea is another popular flower, challenge yourself to make mini versions of this model! You can then combine them with some origami leaves of various sizes to make a decorative piece.
All materials and decorative accessories will be provided and sent to you in advance of your workshop. This will include some vivid spring and summer themed Japanese washi origami papers, and a great range of plain and patterned papers for you to further your practise afterwards.
Hyper Japan will send videos or tutorials about the pieces that you have made shortly after your workshop.
Date: 1st May 2021, Saturday
Time: 14:00-16:00 (2 hours lesson)
Instructor's profile: Alice Stern
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
Ticket Price: £27 – including materials and first-class shipping within the mainland UK
Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 25th April 2021, Sunday.
Precautions: Suitable for all ages.
(under 8 years old may need adult supervision)
Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form.
**If you don't receive any information one day before the class, please send an email here: email@example.com
* Image of work you will make at the workshop.
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
- Meet and greet. Introduction to origami flowers and seasonal variations in paper design and style
- Making geometric origami roses and a simple leaf. This will then be styled and arranged carefully to make a greeting card with ribbon and decorative accessories.
- Making regular sized origami hydrangeas and then several mini versions and leaves.
- Q&A time
Material Pack included in the ticket
* Image of the material pack.
(Note: Material pack will be sent directly from the instructor.)
Equipment needed for the class
Scissors and pencil – please prepare in advance
* Image of Alice's both online & on-site workshop