Origami Workshop: Lotus Flower, Crane & Samurai Helmet
*image of the decorative arrangement using works you would learn at the workshop
Join Alice to make traditional and modern origami pieces. The samurai hat and Japanese crane are very important in Japanese culture and have a lot of meanings. We will be making a beautiful lotus model from 10 separate pieces of origami paper, carefully hand folded and placed together.
A great introduction to origami, its history and tradition as well as how it has its place in modern day art and design as a mindful activity. All materials included in the price.
Date: 10th October 2020, Saturday
Time: 14:00-16:00 (2 hours lesson)
Instructor's profile: Alice Stern
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
Ticket Price: £27 – including materials and shipping within the UK
Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 4thOctober 2020, Friday.
Precautions: Suitable for all ages.
(under 8 years old may need adult supervision)
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form.
**If you don't receive any information one day before the class, please send an email here: email@example.com
* image of work you will make at the workshop
< Workshop plan >
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
1. Meet and Greet. Introduction to origami types.
2. How to make a traditional origami Samurai hat.
3. Making a beautiful lotus flower. Brief discussion about origami and mindfulness then making 10 pieces in total for this model and putting it together.
4. How to make a traditional Japanese origami crane.
5. Completing all pieces and decorating them beautifully. Tips on presentation.
6. Q&A and more information about how you can make these origami pieces fit many different seasonal events and decorative purposes.
< Material Pack included in the ticket>
* image of the material pack