Sumi-e (Japanese Ink Painting) workshop "White Plum Blossom"
Date: 6th February 2021, Saturday
Time: 10:30-12:30 (2 hours lesson,10 minutes break in between)
Instructor's profile: Akemi Lucas
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
- £25 - Single person ticket
- £40 - Family ticket (Family ticket allows up to 2 people to participate with 1 access)
Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 5th February 2021, Friday.
Ticket with calligraphy equipment set:
- £35 - Single person ticket with 1 thin brush set
- £77 - Single person ticket with 1 full calligraphy equipment set
- £50 - Family ticket with 1 thin brush set
- £92 - Family ticket with 1 full calligraphy equipment set
(Incl. first class shipping fee inside the mainland UK. Please see below for equipment details and the photo.)
Ticket with a brush or calligraphy equipment set sales will close on 31st January 2021, Sunday.
Precautions: Over 15 years old
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form.
**If you don't receive any information one day before the class, please send an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
* image of instructions you'll practice at workshop
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
- Warm-up exercises
- Introduction of brush techniques-Tree trunk, twigs, flower petals, buds, stem and the moon
(10min break time)
- Layout and ink control
- Order of painting
- Completing artworks
- Q&A time
Akemi will assess your work for comments by sending your work through HYPER JAPAN after the workshop.
* Image of Akemi's students for online and on-site workshops
Equipment needed for the class
Please prepare this equipment by yourself before the workshop starts.
- 2 Brushes (Japanese Calligraphy Brushes - 1 x thick and 1 x thin brush - or watercolour paint brush)
- Ink: Black calligraphy ink ( or black watercolour ink)
- Paper: Calligraphy - Hanshi – paper, roughly 30 papers ( or packing papers)
- Three small plates for ink
- Cloth (Felt): put under the paper.
- Paperweight (or anything heavy to put on the paper or Washi paper to fix)
- Water for washing brush & diluting ink ( water in a jam jar )
- Some Kitchen towel or tissue papers
- Old (tooth) brush & a mesh net/strainer or skimmer spoon ( for the Moon effect)
- Card board ( or thick paper ), pencil and scissor ( for the shape of the moon)
* Image of equipment you will need for the workshop
💫 Details of full calligraphy equipment set for sale
- 1 x Calligraphy - Hanshi - Paper set (contains 100 pieces)
- 1 x Black Calligraphy Ink bottle
- 1 x Cloth (Felt) to put under the paper
- 1 x Brush (Thick) : Koshu Original - pictured in the main calligraphy set on left
- 1 x Brush (Thin): pictured below right - only one available colour will be included.