Sumi-e (Japanese Ink Painting) workshop "Coloured Cherry Blossom" with Akemi Lucas
Date: 13th March 2021, Saturday
Time: 10:00-13:00 ( 3 hours lesson,10 minutes break in between)
Instructor's profile: Akemi Lucas
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
- £35 - Single person ticket
Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 12th March 2021, Friday.
Ticket with calligraphy equipment set :
- £ 45 - Single person ticket with 1 thin brush set
- £ 87 - Single person ticket with 1 full calligraphy equipment set
(Incl. first class shipping fee inside the mainland UK. Please see below for equipment details and the photo.)
Ticket with a brush or calligraphy equipment set sales will close on 7th March 2021, Sunday.
Precautions: Over 15 years old
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form.
**If you don't receive any information one day before the class, please send an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Images of instructions you'll practice at workshop. You will learn to draw both images.
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
- Warm-up exercises
- Introduction of brush techniques-Tree trunk, twigs, buds, stem and flower petals.
(10min break time)
- Layout and ink control
- Order of painting
- Creating artworks in Sumi (black ) first
- Explaining how to use colours for petals
- Completing artworks tree trunk in Sumi, flower petals in pink.
- Q&A time
Akemi will assess your work for comments by sending your work through HYPER JAPAN after the workshop.
* Image of Akemi's students for online and on-site workshops
Equipment needed for the class
Please prepare this equipment by yourself before the workshop starts.
- 2 Brushes (Japanese Calligraphy Brushes - 1 x thick and 1 x thin brush - or watercolour paint brush)
- Ink: Black calligraphy ink ( or black watercolour ink)
- Gansai Paint: white and red ( or white and red water colour paint)
- Paper: Calligraphy - Hanshi – paper, roughly 30 papers ( or packing papers)
- Five small plates for ink
- Cloth (Felt): put under the paper.
- Paperweight (or anything heavy to put on the paper or Washi paper to fix)
- Water for washing brush & diluting ink ( water in a jam jar )
- Some Kitchen towel or tissue papers
* Image of equipment you will need for the workshop
💫 Details of full calligraphy equipment set for sale
- 1 x Calligraphy - Hanshi - Paper set (contains 100 pieces)
- 1 x Black Calligraphy Ink bottle
- 1 x Cloth (Felt) to put under the paper
- 1 x Brush (Thick) : Koshu Original - pictured in the main calligraphy set on left
- 1 x Brush (Thin): pictured below on further left.