Sumi-e (Japanese Ink Painting) workshop "Coloured Magnolia & 幸- Happiness" with Akemi Lucas
Date: 29th May 2021, Saturday
Time: 10:00-13:00 ( 3 hours lesson,10 minutes break in between)
Instructor's profile: Akemi Lucas
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
- £35 - Single person ticket
Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 28th May 2021, Friday.
Ticket with calligraphy equipment set :
- £ 45 - Single person ticket with 1 thin brush set
- £ 87 - Single person ticket with 1 full calligraphy equipment set
(Incl. first class shipping fee inside the mainland UK. Please see below for equipment details and the photo.)
Ticket with a brush or calligraphy equipment set sales will close on 23rd May 2021, Sunday.
Precautions: Over 15 years old
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form.
**If you don't receive any information one day before the class, please send an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Images of instructions you'll practice at workshop. You will learn to draw both black ink only and coloured images. (Colour of your choice from the suggested below)
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
- Greeting & Explanation of the lesson plan
- Warm-up exercises
- Practice of basic stroke of “幸: Happiness”
- Stroke order of “幸: Happiness”
Introduction of Magnolia brush techniques – flower petals, buds and stems
(10min break time)
- Layout, order of painting and ink control
- Going through the painting together.
- Finalise the artwork of Magnolia and “幸: Happiness” (painting with Sumi first, then if you prefer to paint in colour, using colour)
- Q&A time
Akemi will assess your work for comments by sending your work through HYPER JAPAN after the workshop.
* Image of Akemi's students for online and on-site workshops
Equipment needed for the class
Please prepare this equipment by yourself before the workshop starts.
- 2 Brushes (Japanese Calligraphy Brushes - 1 x thick and 1 x thin brush - or watercolour paint brush)
- Ink: Black calligraphy ink ( or black watercolour ink)
- Gansai Paint: white and red or purple - your choice of colour ( or white and red or purple water colour paint)
- Paper: Calligraphy - Hanshi – paper, roughly 30 papers ( or packing papers)
- Five small plates for ink
- Cloth (Felt): put under the paper.
- Paperweight (or anything heavy to put on the paper or Washi paper to fix)
- Water for washing brush & diluting ink ( water in a jam jar )
- Some Kitchen towel or tissue papers
* Image of equipment you will need for the workshop
💫 Details of full calligraphy equipment set for sale
- 1 x Calligraphy - Hanshi - Paper set (contains 100 pieces)
- 1 x Black Calligraphy Ink bottle
- 1 x Cloth (Felt) to put under the paper
- 1 x Brush (Thick) : Koshu Original - pictured in the main calligraphy set on left
- 1 x Brush (Thin): pictured below on further left.